SunTrust Rewards is the rewards program for SunTrust Bank’s set of consumer credit cards. Depending on the card you have, you can use your rewards to receive cash back, book travel or purchase gift cards and merchandise.
Depending on your relationship with SunTrust Bank and how you redeem your rewards, you could get up to 50% more value out of your rewards.
SunTrust Rewards program cards include:
Depending on your banking relationship with SunTrust, you could receive between 10% and 50% more rewards when you redeem your rewards cash back into a SunTrust checking, savings or money market account. Here’s how it breaks down:
- Receive a 50% rewards bonus if you have a SunTrust Advantage Checking, Signature Advantage Checking or Exclusive Checking account with balances exceeding $100,000.
- Receive a 25% rewards bonus if you have a SunTrust Advantage Checking, Signature Advantage Checking or Exclusive Checking account with balances totalling between $25,000 to $100,000.
- Receive a 10% rewards bonus if you redeem rewards through an ACH deposit into any SunTrust checking, savings or money market account.
SunTrust Rewards can’t be transferred, only redeemed. This means you don’t have the option to transfer your points to frequent flyer or rewards programs.
The best redemption option is to receive your cash back into a SunTrust Bank account. This may make the program less valuable if you want more options to maximize rewards.
SunTrust Rewards credit cards offer varying rewards rates:
- SunTrust Cash Rewards Credit Card: Earn 5% cash back on up to $6,000 spent on gas and groceries in the first 12 months. After that, you’ll earn 2% back on gas and grocery purchases and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
- SunTrust Travel Rewards Credit Card: Earn 3% cash back on travel, 2% back on dining and 1% back on all other purchases. You’ll also earn a $250 statement credit after spending $3,000 in the first three months after opening the account.
- SunTrust Prime Rewards Credit Card: Earn 1% cash back on all your purchases, plus a $100 statement credit after you spend $500 in the first three months.
- SunTrust Secured Credit Card with Cash Rewards: Earn 2% cash back on up to $6,000 spent each year on grocery and gas purchases, and 1% cash back on all other purchases.
Regardless of which credit card you have, you can earn more rewards through SunTrust Deals. You can search for and activate deals through your online account or mobile app. After you make the purchase, you’ll receive the rewards within eight weeks.
Keep in mind, though, that cash back earned through SunTrust Deals isn’t eligible for the relationship bonus.
While all of the cards earn cash back, the SunTrust Rewards program allows you to redeem your rewards for:
- Cash back
- Gift cards
If you redeem your cash back into an eligible deposit account, you could get up to a 50% bonus. If, however, you redeem your cash rewards for travel or merchandise, the value of your rewards will be equal to your rewards balance. So, if you have $100 in rewards, you can redeem them for $100 worth of travel or merchandise.
If you redeem your rewards for gift cards, you’ll get a redemption rate of 0.83%. For example, a $100 gift card would cost you $120 in rewards and a $50 gift card would cost you $60 in rewards.
- People who have an existing relationship with SunTrust Bank and qualify for a high-deposit bonus.
- People who prefer cash back.
- People who want flexible redemption options at similar rates.